Planning a trip to a developing country? Need information, medications or vaccinations for an upcoming trip? The Health Center provides the Travel Clinic as a service to all registered students. The fee is $25 fee for the visit.
A Travel Clinic visit will provide you with:
- Detailed travel health information including risks for infection based on your itinerary and planned activities while abroad.
- Brief review of medical history and recommended precautions and preventative measures based on your health.
- Review of vaccination history. Required and recommended vaccinations will be discussed.
- Prescriptions will be reviewed that are recommended travel medications.
Once you have decided on your destination(s), you should:
- Research online at www.cdc.gov/travel/ or at www.mdtravelhealth.com for more information about your trip.
- Retrieve your vaccination records. Bring your vaccine records to your travel appointment.
- Schedule a travel appointment at the Health Center. It is recommended that you schedule your appointment at least four weeks in advance of your departure.
You can schedule a Travel Clinic appointment via phone or in person. You can schedule an appointment via phone by calling 209-228-2273.
Note to UCEAP Students:
- If your travel visit is due to an UCEAP requirement, please be advised you must attend a Travel Clinic visit and have your UCEAP Health Clearance Form signed by a Health Center provider at that visit. You may choose to have your required or recommended vaccinations at a place of your choosing. The cost of vaccinations at the Health Center can be found on our Fee Schedule.
- UCEAP Online Travel Course (OTC) must be completed before your Travel Clinic visit. Instructions to access the OTC can be found in the UCEAP Pre-departure Checklist (PDC) of countries requiring it.
- EAP Travel Instructions.
- Information on the required UCEAP Travel Insurance (PDF).
- Information on the UCEAP Health Clearance Form.