Be a part of a team that brings STUDENT INPUT to important healthcare decisions on campus. Join the Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) and/or the Student Health Insurance (SHIP) Advisory Committee!
SHAC advocates for UCM students by advising the UCM Student Health and CAPS leadership team on student needs. The SHIP Advisory Committee advocates for UCM students on UC student health insurance (UC SHIP) to provide a health insurance plan that meets the essential needs of students.
What you'll get:
- A better understanding of the healthcare needs of college students
- A window into how health insurance works
- Networking opportunities with leaders and students interested in healthcare
- Resume material that shows participation in a campus committee
What you'll do:
- Share input about student needs to influence key decisions regarding health services provided on campus
- Learn student health insurance policies, trade-offs, and use (orientation is provided)
- Advocate for health insurance benefits important to UCM students, including those provided by SHIP
- Participate in monthly meetings
- Join SHAC and/or the SHIP Advisory Committee for a one or two-year term
Who can join?
- Any academic major
- Undergraduate or Graduate
- For SHAC, any UCM student regardless of insurance
- For the SHIP Advisory Committee, students who are enrolled in SHIP
When can I apply?
SHAC & the SHIP Advisory Committee are currently accepting applications. For information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate SHAC and/or SHIP Advisory Committee application in the subject line.