The UC SHIP Reserve Fund Investment Committee (RFIC) granted one-time funds to UC Davis, Hastings College of Law, UC Irvine, UC Los Angeles, UC Merced, UC Riverside, UC San Diego, UC San Francisco, UC Santa Barbara, and UC Santa Cruz for distribution to students with a financial hardship, to assist the student with paying their out-of-pocket medical expenses that exceed $500 and up to the in-network individual out-of-pocket maximum.
- All graduate and undergraduate students and dependents who are currently enrolled in UC SHIP, and enrolled for at least one term before the date of the medical service, are eligible.
- The medical service date must be during the 2020-2021 and/or 2021-2022 plan year(s).
- Student must have no outstanding financial balance with their campus.
- Student must have applied for charity care from the provider of service.
Each campus will be alloted a grant amount based upon their UC SHIP enrollment. The funds granted by RFIC are for the 2020-2021 and/or 2021-2022 academic year(s). Once the funds are exhausted, there will be no additional funds granted for the remainder of the year.
The following services are available for assistance, but services must be medically necessary:
- In-patient care (includes mental health/substance abuse)
- Hospice Care
- Diagnostic Testing
- Emergency Medical Transportation
- Childbirth/Delivery Professional Services
- Skilled Nursing
- Outpatient Surgery
- Out-patient care (includes mental health/substance abuse)
- Physician/Surgeon Services
- Imaging Services (MRI/CT/PET scans)
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Childbirth/Delivery Facility Services
Applications should be emailed SECURELY to: email@example.com
Decisions will be delivered via UCM email within 10 business days of receipt. For questions, please contact the UCM Insurance Office at (209) 228-2273 (option 4)
If you do not believe you are eligible for this program but still need assistance, visit the UC Merced Dean of Students webpage to view the emergency funds information.