Welcome to the H. Rajender Reddy Health Center
Getting ready for college -- it's an exciting and busy time! You're looking forward to new friends, new experiences and a whole new way of life. Part of this new life will be managing your health care on your own, perhaps for the first time. All registered students, regardless of insurance, are eligible to use Student Health Services.
The information and links below can help get you started. Pay particular attention to the Immunization Requirements . Then surf around to explore the website. More than a few upperclassmen have said, "I wish I'd known sooner about all the services you have here!"
Before you come to Merced, there are a number of ways you can plan ahead to avoid or minimize the complications caused by illness.
- Fill out your health waiver. Learn more about completing your health waiver.
- Bring a first aid kit, including a thermometer. Remember, once on campus, Health Services is available to all registered students, regardless of health insurance coverage.
- If you are covered under a health insurance plan other than the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP), carry your insurance card at all times.
- Bring a health summary from your health care provider if you have chronic health problems (such as asthma or diabetes). This helps our staff provide you with the best possible care. We also suggest you make an appointment to establish care with a provider before you become ill if you have ongoing health needs.
- Document your childhood/young adult immunizations at https://myhealth.ucmerced.edu. Bring a copy of your immunization record(s) with you to campus and to your first appointment at Health Services.
- UC Merced Health Services has adopted the recommended immunizations of the CDC Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH).
- Bring enough of your ongoing medications for the first month of school, and bring a copy of the prescription with you. Plan ahead for refills.
- New students should complete the TB Risk questionnaire before coming to campus and provide that information at https://myhealth.ucmerced.edu. High risk students should have TB screening prior to coming to campus. Students will be required to complete an annual TB questionnaire.
- Give us a call at 209-228-2273 to schedule your appointment today.
|Health Center||Read a general overview of the H. Rajender Reddy Health Center and all it has to offer.|
|Appointments||See Medical Appointments to get started at Health Services and learn how to prepare for your medical appointments, what to expect during and after a clinical visit, and more.|
& TB Risk Screening Questionnaire
|All incoming undergraduate and graduate students are covered under the new UC Merced Campus Immunization Policy. UC Merced has adopted the California Department of Public Health recommendations for Institutional Pre-Matriculation Immunizations and the recommendation of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practice of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control. Simply go to the myHealth and identify all of your immunizations and the dates they were received, complete the TB Risk Screening Questionnaire and upload your immunization records.|
|Insurance||All students are required to have major medical insurance to complement health coverage provided at the Health Center. Learn more about the UC Student Health Insurance Plan (UC SHIP).|