The University of California requires that all registered students have health insurance. To help you meet this requirement, UC Merced automatically enrolls all registered students in the UC Student Health Insurance Plan (UC SHIP). Fees for UC SHIP covereage are automatically charged to your student account each school term along with your other fees.
• If you want to be enrolled in UC SHIP, you are automatically enrolled - no action required.
• If you have comparable insurance and do not want to be enrolled in UC SHIP, you may submit an Insurance Waiver through the UC Merced web portal by the published deadline. What does Waiving out of the schools insurance mean? You have your own comparable insurance and don’t need the schools insurance plan.
• Services at the Student Health Center are available to all registered students, even if you waive UC SHIP.
Details for UC SHIP medical, dental and vision coverage can be found at UC SHIP website. Click below link:
• UC SHIP 2015-16 Brochure
• UC SHIP Delta Dental Summary 2014-15
• UC SHIP Vision Summary 2014-15
• Learn more about the Affordable Care Act
• Waiver Criteria Worksheet
Periods of Coverage
|Term||Effective Date||Termination Date|
UCM Insurance Office
Darcey Wiens, Insurance Coordinator
Phone: 209 228-4876
Fax: 209 228-7650
Student Health Insurance Office
H. Rajender Reddy Health Center
5200 North Lake Road
Merced, CA 95343
Mon-Fri 9 am to 4 pm