If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to COVID-19 call the Student Health Center at (209)-228-2273. A telehealth visit with a provider will be scheduled and testing options will be provided.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911.
Free Asymptomatic Testing
Please login to your student health portal to schedule an appointment for asymptomatic testing.
You can login here myhealth.ucmerced.edu/
California Room in the Terraces Center
- Monday, January 3rd: 9AM-11AM
- Wednesday January 5th: 11AM-2:45PM
- Monday January 10th: 9AM-11:45PM
- Wednesday January 12th: 11AM-2:45PM
- Thursday January 13th: 11AM-3:45PM
- Friday January 14th: 9AM- 11:45AM
- No testing Monday January 17th
- Extended testing hours Tuesday January 18th - Friday January 21st: 8AM-11:45AM
- Extended testing hours Monday January 24th -Friday January 28th: 8AM-11:45AM
- Monday: 8AM- 11:45AM
- Tuesday: 11AM - 4:45PM
- Wednesday: 11AM - 4:45PM
- Thursday: 8AM - 11:45AM
- Friday: No testing
* Holidays Excluded
How Saliva Testing Works
To find out whether they have COVID-19, testing participants provide a saliva sample at the COVID-19 testing site on campus. Check out these Technical FAQs for more information.
BEFORE YOUR TESTING APPOINTMENT:
- Please stay well hydrated and drink plenty of fluids 1 hour before your appointment.
- Before arriving at the testing facility, you must complete the Daily Health Check-In and be prepared to show your green screen result for entry.
- In the 30 minutes before your test, do not eat, drink, chew gum, smoke or brush your teeth.
- Everyone waiting in line at the kiosk will need to do their part to follow campus safety rules, including wearing a face covering and following physical distancing guidelines.
AT THE TESTING SITE:
You will be asked to sanitize your hands and provide your appointment QR code at a registration table. You will receive a straw, a pipette bulb with purified water, and a vial with a barcode. Then you’ll follow this seven-step process, as seen in the video.
- Once asked, remove the cap from the vial and place it in the provided tray. Don’t lose the cap.
- Tip the water from the pipette bulb into your mouth and gently swirl it around (do not gargle).
- Place the straw in the vial, but be careful not to push the straw so far that it creates a seal.
- Place your lips on the straw and push saliva through the straw into the vial.
- After filling the vial a little more than halfway, remove the straw and place it in the tray.
- Securely place the cap back on the vial and place the vial into the container.
- The attendant will take your sample. Sanitize your hands and exit.
Students (Undergraduate and Graduate)
UC Merced Students must log in to MyHealth Portal to make an appointment for asymptomatic COVID-19 testing and view their results.
- The appointment provides you with a QR code that you’ll need to begin the screening process.
- Check out these instructions for more details.
- If you are having problems logging in or making an appointment, please contact email@example.com.